ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
3996 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAID Controller drivers during Windows Installation (F6 option)

SOLVED
Go to solution
hpabc
Advisor

RAID Controller drivers during Windows Installation (F6 option)

Hi,
We are having 2 HP ProLiant DL140 G3 Servers. The problem is that somehow we do not have the Administrator password for any of these servers. We have a licensed software that can reset the Administrator password for any Win2K3 OS and have done is several times (when required).
We just have to boot with the CD and it will detect the Windows and reset Administrator password. Since this software CD is not able to detect the RAID controller of these servers, it cannot reset the password.
We tried to provide the RAID controller drivers by pressing F6 during the setup when the CD boots and it also reads the drivers from floppy. But yet it cannot detect the HDD and windows installation.
I have used these drivers with F6 option.
1) http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&prodNameId=3285485&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9553913a25fe499aa09e22cfe2

2)http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&prodNameId=3285485&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-63e4e02ee21c4c7783ddec0ecb

But none of them seems to work.
I want to know, is there anything i need to enable in BIOS or other setting that i may be missing or is required ?

Please guide.
Thanks in advance.
drivesafely
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hpabc
Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for reply.
BUT, where do i get to download the SystemRescueCd software ?

Thanks,
HPABC
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

check this site :

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

==> download section

mikap
hpabc
Advisor

Hi,
I got the link to download if while googling :p

But i am not sure this would help, though would give a try. My problem is that the software cannot see windows due to RAID controller drivers not in it. May be this would also not work since it would not be able to read HDD.

If someone have any other solution, please guide.

Thanks and regards,
HPABC
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes sure it could happen, that the CD will not recognise your RAID controller, but you could make your own customized cd, with the required drivers.

mikap
hpabc
Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for reply.

Sorry for acting dumb a bit :)
Can i customize it with nlite software and add the drivers to it ?
I tried with my existing software, but could not.

Thanks and regards,
hpabc