New Discussion юеВ

RAID Software

SOLVED
Go to solution
sjmclean
Occasional Advisor

RAID Software

Hi All,

Need some help. I would like to be able to see/configure etc the onboard RAID controller for the ML150.

I've installed what I believe will allow this (HP Proliant Array Configuration Utility). It successfully installed, however when opening it locally, it display "cannot display page".

Firstly have I installed the correct software? Secondly, if yes, where do i start to get this fixed and working correctly? I have had a google but couldn't find anything all that useful.

Any advise/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Details:
HP Proliant ML150
O/S Windows 2003 SBS SP2
7 REPLIES 7
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID Software

sjmclean
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Jarkko K,

Looks like i was using the wrong version despite the fact I downloaded it from the downloads & support section of the ML150. Go figure:)

So thanks it starts up fine, except it doesn't find any controllers which is a little weird. Device manager says I have a adaptec 2101s U320. So i definitely know it has a RAID controller as its in RAID 5 with three SCSI HDDs. Is there no way to control/verify this RAID setup?
sjmclean
Occasional Advisor

No One Knows??
tomasz.puchalski
Valued Contributor
Solution

sjmclean
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I've actually tried looking on Adaptecs website, and did infact try to download storage manager. Unfortunetly they require a serial number after registering. I don't have a serial number and as far as i know i don't have an *actual* adaptec card. I have a ZCR card which was supplied by HP with the server so no joy. I've checked out the cds that came with the server but couldn't see anything obvious. This is driving me nuts.

Any other ideas? Looks like time to e-mail/phone support.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hey

which ML150 you have? I mean which generation, g1, g2?

and to know the exact model for your controller since "adaptec 2101s U320" does not provide enough information to determine if it is a RAID capable reboot your server and check in POST which controller shows up

regards

just in case I mean this
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1242461

that's why I ask you which generation
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
sjmclean
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Karlo,

OK, I've solved it!

First off to answer Karlo's questions:
The server is a ML150(original). According to POST it is a ML150 R1.13.

On Post it states Adaptec I20. I cannot remember if it did explicitly state Adaptec. Going into the controller setup it has Adaptec I20 in various places.

I opened her up and see what cards were in there. Only one card was present. It has a sticker on it with ZCR & a number which looks like a serial number. The chip on the otherside definetly has Adaptect 2010s/???(couldn't see all of it).

The HP Part numbers on the card are 3536066-001 with a replacement part no of 355183-003.

Anyway I went to Adaptec website to try and download Storage Manager for the Card. But as stated earlier you need a serial number. Using the one listed on the ZCR sticker did not work. Doing a google of I20, i came across http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycompany/1375/1158/storage-adpatec-free-driver-download.html

On this page I came across Adaptec 2010s/2015 Storage Manager. You can then download Storage manager from adaptec without requiring the serial number etc.

I've installed and it works! So I'm happy. Thanks guys for all your advise/suggestions.