cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID configuration

Michael Lynch_1
Occasional Contributor

RAID configuration

I'm having a helluva time trying to configure RAID, hardware or software, on my ML330 G2 with Integrated ATA controller. When I configure a hardware RAID, 2 RAID 1s with four physical drives, all four show up in the Windows Server 2003 Disk Management. Normally, a hardware RAID would only show 2 in this circumstance. I've followed the procedure to the letter, I've replaced the cables, the ATA controller, the Motherboard, still the same thing. Them when I go and try to configure a software RAID after installing the OS, it won't boot when I convert the system disk to a dynamic disk!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID configuration

Hi Michael,

Are you loading the MegaIDE driver when you install Server 2003 via F6? If not, it might just be seeing the IDE channels as standard IDE.

Try the following driver link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316599&prodNameId=261283&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23400

Run the EXE file and choose EXTRACT, then copy the files to a floppy disk and press F6 when prompted during the 2003 install.

I hope this helps.

Brian