5022 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

RAID issue

Dilanka
Frequent Visitor

RAID issue

HI 

I remove one hard disk from RAID 1 (BAY 2) array and install in to another server (BAY 1) and boot up. Server boots up. Server boots up and all the services started. Then I remove other hard disk from old server (BAY 1) and plug it to new server (BAY 2). But this new hard disk is not adding to the array. On ACU it showing error on a first hard disk and adding second hard disk as unassigned disk. How can I fix this error?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk Array to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: RAID issue

Hi,

Need more info

Server Model number, Controller, cache on both the servers?

What is the status of Logical drive in Server 2 (New) with one hard drive? if there isn't any Raid then OS has taken it as an independant disk.

How to Say Thank You? Just click on STAR Kudos

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID issue

The problem is that you change bay no, and possible also the channel no. when you move 1 drive to another server.

The Smart Array do support drive roaming, meaing you can move drives around, to other posistions.

However, when the Array is in a degraded state, it expect you to insert a replacement drive, in the specific posistion!

The channnel number / Box number and the Bay number must match, for the missing drive, when you insert it.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo