1748286 Members
3891 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: RAID on Proliant D320 G5 sometime degraded

Mogol

RAID on Proliant D320 G5 sometime degraded

Hi!
I have D320 G5 with two 500Gb SATA disks. I create RAID 1, and install Windows Server 2003 SP2. System didn't ask any driver, after install system recognise as Adaptec RAID controller.

But I found that sometimes RAID is degraded. It was occurred after reboot. Controller couldn't detect second HDD and stop. If server power off and on, HDD was found and RAID was Ok. If I didn't power off, and system was boot, then RAID was degraded, and I need to rebuild it.

HP utils couldn't check this RAID. I install Adaptec Storage Manager, and it's found Adpatec HostRAID Controller. But Adaptec's utils, nothing to say about why server lost HDD.

Does anybody know why it occurred? Could it be because system need original driver?
4 REPLIES 4
TY 007
Honored Contributor

Hello Mogol,

If involved either "HP SC44Ge Host Bus Adapter" or "HP 8 Internal Port SAS Host Bus Adapter with RAID", install Latest Firmware and BIOS for HP SAS/SATA HBA with RAID version 06.14.07.00 (31 May 07):
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/27296.html

Thanks
TY 007
Honored Contributor

Hello Mogol,

>> RAID was degraded, and I need to rebuild

If involved "SA-E200/SA-E200i Controller", consider 128 MB BBWC option.

I/O performance will be optimized on "SA-E200/SA-E200i Controller" after installation of the 128 MB BBWC option.

Thanks
Mogol

It uses "Intel® 82801GR Integrated Serial ATA Host". Server model P/N is 418046-xx1.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Mogol,
As you mentioned, You never Installed the Adaptec Drivers !!

Try Installing it ! & monitor the difference.

Regards,
James.