1752353 Members
6081 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: RAID5 Extension

SPa
Trusted Contributor

Looking at it again and I think Chongkan is correct.

I had my figures wrong.The original config does seems to be correct.

Florian Rhomberg
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for all the answers. I will also first update the whole system to the latest Firmeware Version. Perhaps this will solve the problem. I can´t remove the RAID5 harddisks because at the beginning we had only this array and therefor the OS is there. The two 143 GB harddisks where inserted later and they contain very sensible data therefor the RAID1. I can only notice like some of you did that after introducing the two 143 GB harddisks we were able to create a new Array with the full capacity of the harddisks.
Greetings,
Florian
Florian Rhomberg
Occasional Advisor

I updated the firmeware to the latest version without any result. I have the same problem like before. As I sad before the RAID5 Array contains the OS because at the beginning we hade only 4 72 GB hardisks the two 143 GB harddisks where introduced later when we needed more space. Does someone think it will help to remove the two 143 harddisks and afterwards starting the Array configuration utility. The system is always on power and I can´t put the server off for one day to create a new array and afterwards reinstalling and reconfigurating the whole system at the moment, this should be only the last possibility. I hope that someone has another idea.

Florian