ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752618 Members
4588 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP 2.10 Windows, BL45p & RedHat 4 scripted install stops after Linux install

Dennis Faucher
Advisor

RDP 2.10 Windows, BL45p & RedHat 4 scripted install stops after Linux install

RDP 2.10 Windows, BL45p & RedHat 4 scripted install stops after Linux install.

Hello,

I am using the latest RDP for Windows (2.10) and Linux Integration Module to deploy BL45p blades with RedHat 4 for AMD. I am using the built-in scripted install job for the first blade in the rack. The scripted install works great, but then pauses after RedHat 4 is installed and the BL45p boots the first time to the login: prompt. I think the final step would be the PSP. The script shows that it is still waiting in the Deployment Console. When I log in to the blade and reboot the server, it does not pick up that a PXE job is waiting for it. If I force the server to boot to PXE by using F12, no job is picked up. Any ideas would be apprecited. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Dennis Faucher
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP 2.10 Windows, BL45p & RedHat 4 scripted install stops after Linux install

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

PSP 7.40 not released yet, it might have some updated Drivers

... New Drivers and Utilities for Linux ProLiant Support Packages ...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_PCN1749W
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

First off, this issue better to be posted in ProLiant Deployment Provisioning forum

The process of any Linux deployment from RDP is as follows:

* Hardware configuration (Array, System config etc) done from PXE-DOS
* Transfers base image and RHEL 4 linux boot initrd and kernel to start kickstart installation
* After the installation is complete, as part of post installation adlagent (Altiris linux agent, like aclient for windows) is installed on the target server
* Server reboots, comes in to linux login prompt. Actually in the background adlagent connects back with RDP Server, updates its record (inventory info) then starts downloading the PSPs (which is about 80MB)
* Once the download is complete then the PSP installation starts on the client machine. After PSP installation completes, server is rebooted and you are done.
* To confirm whether PSP is installed try connecting to the server at port 2381 from webbrowser. (Eg: https://:2381

You can see the status of the target server from the RDP console. The machine icon will be changed with penguin and green icon will be displayed indicating the box is connected with RDP server.

Hope this helps,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
Dennis Faucher
Advisor

Hello,

My apologies for placing this in the wrong forum.

I worked with the Response Center to resolve the issue. The Linux adlagent.conf was set to use Multicast to contact the RDP server. This was not working. I changed the adlagent.conf file to specify a specific IP address for the RDP server and the communication with the RDP server resumed. The settings were:

Mcast=false
TcpAddr=[IPAddressOfRDPServer]

After saving the file, run "service adlagent restart"

Sincerely,
Dennis Faucher.