5722 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP server images

sameerK
Frequent Advisor

RDP server images

Hello
I have installed win2k3 on some HP blade servers thru ILO port.. using virtual media.I want to use rdp server now. Can i create & save the image of these exisiting installation & use it for deploying the similar setup on other blades now? how do i do that.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP server images

Yes.

First, you need to install RDP onto another server and configure it properly. You would then push out the altiris client to those boxes you want to image. Once they are accessible from RDP, you can then take images of them to later re-deploy onto other servers.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hello sameerK,

Has Suggested install the RDP 3.0 on a differrent server and than use the Capture image Script to capture the image and than Deploy the captured image to other blade servers.

The following guide gives you information on how to capture and deploy(Section Using the Rapid Deployment pack).
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00711205/c00711205.pdf

For more Help check the following link:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/documentation.html
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

Ok, what I want to ask is if I deploy new RDP server will I automatically see these server as new server? As I mentioned earlier I installed these blade servers individually using the smart start cd So I donot know if the Altiris clients is existing.Even if it is existing will it make these servers available in the rdp server or I will have to push the clients again from rdp server.. and if i do that will it cause any problem to my existing installation?
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

first you need to install the Altiris Client on the server that you want to image. After the client ist installed and startet, the server will appear with it's servername in the Deployment Console. You can find the client setup routine on the eXpress Share, or in the directory under which Altiris is installed.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick