ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753945 Members
8228 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: REPLACE A FAULTY DISK (RAID 5 CONFIGURATION WITH SMART ARRAYP410i) HP PROLIANT DL 380 G7

machongnan
Visitor

REPLACE A FAULTY DISK (RAID 5 CONFIGURATION WITH SMART ARRAYP410i) HP PROLIANT DL 380 G7

HI,

I have a HP proliant G7  with smart array p410i in raid 5 with 5 disk of 300 GB.

one of my disk begin clignote orange. I think it's going to dead.

I want to know if i can replace it now.

And also know how to replace a disk in this kind of configuration (RAID 5).

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: REPLACE A FAULTY DISK (RAID 5 CONFIGURATION WITH SMART ARRAYP410i) HP PROLIANT DL 380 G7

Hi,

Refer to this link:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00596191

Replace the drive if the drive is failing or about to be failed.

Replace the drive if its a Hot Plug drive and the RAID 5 will rebuild onto the new drive.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

machongnan
Visitor

Hi Suman

Thank you for your reply but excuse me i'm a new user of hp proliant equipements.

I want to know how to replace step by step. Do i have to turn off the server before doing it? how many time does it take to rebuild a 300 GB disk.

Thank

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

Run the Array Diagnostics Utility to check the status of the RAID array to determine which drive is faulty and based on it replace the defective. It is to be kept in mind that RAID 5 provides tolerance for only disk failure.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Once the defective drive has been identified, it can be replaced as a hot-swap.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

machongnan
Visitor

HI,

Thank you all for your answer......

regards,