HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL 5.3 update on ProLiant ML370 G5

gnujon
Occasional Visitor

RHEL 5.3 update on ProLiant ML370 G5

Hi,

We've just updated from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 to 5.3 on one of our ProLiant ML370 G5 servers. This server is a host for several Xen Virtual Machines (some also running RHEL5 and some Windows 2003).

I have yet to reboot the server to try the new kernel, but I have found that after the 'yum update' I am now unable to restart one of the Xen Virtual Machines after shutting it down. (I did this after also updating this VM from RHEL5.2 to 5.3). I'm thinking that perhaps a reboot of the ML370 using the new kernel may resolve the issue, but I'm a little worried that if it doesn't and Xen is in fact broken somehow, I may not be able to restart any of the virtual machines. And this is a production server.

So I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or has any advice for me.

Here is the error that I'm getting when I try to start the Xen VM which I've shut down:

"Error starting domain: virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.')"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.