1753776 Members
7161 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RIB mouse problems

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

RIB mouse problems

My company is currently deploying a new Windows 2000 infrastructure based on DL380G2 servers with the RIB Lights Out Edition cards installed.

We are having an issue where the mouse function fails will controlling the server via the RIB web interface. The DL380G2s are connected via Compaq KVMs - connecting the KVM cables to the RIB pass-through T-cable for the mouse and keyboard.

I have upgraded the RIB to the latest firmware - same results. If I connect a keyboard and mouse directly to the RIB T-connecter, I gain mouse control via the web RIB session. Is this an issue with the KVM? Are there firmware upgrades available for the KVM (I am having a hard time locating the firmware paqs - the only ones I found were for the PCI KVM cards http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/revision/3236.html).

So if you have any ideas on what to try - please let me know. Also, if you could direct me to the web page with the KVM firmware updates, that would be great!
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi, you dont need to use the cable that is supplied with the RIB board on a G2 DL 380. Just plug the Video cable in to the RIB & the Keyboard and mouse straight in to the on board slots. The reason that the T-cable is shipped is for older generation servers. The G2's are intelligent enough to work without this cable.
Hope this helps.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Same problem on a same machine. I installed it this afternoon. If the mouse and the keybord are not connected (we have more servers than plugs into the video/kbd/mouse switch on our test platform) the kbd is working but not the mouse. I supposed that the rib was clever enough to send mouse orders from my browser even if the mouse is not physically connected. This may work as designed by Compaq.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

Had same problem, followed all the above advice as well. What you need to do is remove the 16/30 interface cable from the RIB to the PCI Riser if its installed , and the mouse will work via the KVM switch. I suggest you keep the kyb/mouse splitter cable in if you want to control the server via the rib card address.

regards
to all