7580 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RIBCL VERSION incompatibility

Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

RIBCL VERSION incompatibility

Hi all,

I've been tasked with writing a script to update the IP of all the RIB/Rilo/ilo on our servers. I've managed to put something together using some (korn) shell scripting and the locfg.pl perl script (I'm a UNIX guy).

The problem I'm running into is that some of the older systems are giving me the following error:

ESSAGE='Parse error: Line #0: Unsupported RIBCL version. The supported version is 1.20

I can get around it by changing the RIBCL VERSION in my xml file. But if I do that, the other servers complain saying that they want RIBCL version > 2.0.

What's the best way to handle this, i.e. so that both server types are satisfied with the XML file. Thanks.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
2 REPLIES 2
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Santosh:

the error is saying the supported version is 1.20 -

are you using the latest firmware for that RIB II board; latest is 1.21

- RIB CL is the command line language for the RIB board.

- Update the firmware and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Tarek,

I understand that I can update the RILO firmware and it "might" fix the problem. The issue with that is that not all of these servers are mine, so I'm not sure I have the authority to do this. Also, we're talking about 150 servers this go around and potentially near 2000 servers overall. I don't relish the thought of updating the RILOs on that many boxes.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans