4224 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILO and virtual power button

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

RILO and virtual power button

Hi,
I try to install a RILO (remote insight lights-out edition) in a proliant ml 370 generation 1 server. All seems to be okay but the virtual power button doesn't work.
Yes I connected the 4 pin connection cable to the mainboard and the RILO-Board as well. If i try to use the virtual button feature I only get the Message "The virtual power button cable is either not installed on this system, or is not supported. Remote Insight cannot turn the power OFF." The RILO Status sceen means "Virtual Power Button Cable: Disconnected". Actualy I have to ML370 Servers and it doesn't work in any Server.
Does anywhere has any suggestions?
Thanks, Christian
3 REPLIES 3
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Re: RILO and virtual power button

With the RILO board you get a "virtual power button cable" which needs to be connected between the mainsswitch and the rilo board in the ML370. I guess you did not install this cable.

Leon
Stephan G
Regular Advisor

no, thank you, I connected the 4 pin cable to the main- and ribboard.
Stephan G
Regular Advisor

Ok guys,
there are two 4 pin connectors on the mainboard. The first one is clear visible and used to connect the audio-cable from a cd-drive. The second one, on the top of the mainboard only visible if you are on your knees because it is hidden from the chassis ...
Some mistakes you're only making one times.
Cheers