108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II IP address location

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darrenrd
Advisor

RILOE II IP address location

I have been ask to support a remote server, however I'm unable to determine the IP address the RILOE II is currenly bind to. Is there a way I can determine this remotely..
P.S.. I tried connect to system management web page via port http://servername:2301 but unfortunately when I login I can only see the VCA box all other boxes e.g processor, performance are not being displayed,I think the HP agent are not capturing the relavant data, this is just anothor problem I need to address. I would like to update the BIOS remotely , but I need the IP address of the riloe card..

I can however run survey utility but I still don't see the IP address for the RILOE II card.. Is there any other way this can be located..

Thanks
Darren
Live life like there is no tomorrow
7 REPLIES 7
Dave_56
Frequent Advisor

Never heard of documentation on IP address allocation... dear me!
DNS entries for RILOE's is a good idea too!

I'm not aware of a way I'm sorry - be interested if there is.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

hi,

Are you able to open following page. Where server name is you server name
https://servername:2381/WEBAGENT/FINDEX.TPL

then we can select the Remote Insight Board NIC
Details and we can know which ip it is bind to
Example :
Model: Embedded Intel 82559
DNS Name: P.
Type: Embedded Ethernet IP Address: 128.88.66.154
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.128 Gateway: 128.88.66.129
Duplex: Half Duplex Speed: 10 Mbit/Sec
Max Packet Size: 1500 Bytes

Regards,
Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Darren,

If you can log into the remote system via terminal services or PC anywhere etc. check the following (or talk someone through it over the phone).
Go to the Control Panel and double-click Compaq (or HP) Management Agents. Have a look at the Active Agents on the left side of the screen. The "Remote Insight Information" agent should be there. If not, then make it active by moving it from the right side of the screen to the left and click OK. Doing this will restart SNMP but this will not cause a reboot.

Once the Remote Insight Information agent is active you can view the RILOEII configuration data with Insight Manager and get the IP address of the RILOEII nic.

I use the older Insight Manager which has this under Recovery -Remote Insight and ILO.
The information you are looking for is available when you click the Embedded NIC
box.

Have a look at the attached image which shows the Insight Manager steps for my RILOE.

I hope this helps.

Brian
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Darren,

This will most likely solve your problem:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20863.html

Download this utility, you can run it from the OS end and it should give you all the details about the installed RILOE II card.

Enjoy and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards,
Darrenrd
Advisor

Hi, Saket
I downloaded the utitity and therefore I was able to determine the IP address if the riloe II , however since I'm not aware of the administrator I was not able to add an additional user or change the administrator password.../ perhaps you might have an idea I can try ? I know I can reset the password via RSBU however unfortunately I have no one in this location where this server is located that that perform these steps for me , since I'm unable to login via the riloe..
-Darren
Live life like there is no tomorrow
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Darren,

Yup, I have an idea that might work.

Now that you have the IP address for the RILOE, establish a remote session to the RILOE by just typing http://riloe-ip, establish a remote console, see if you know any user account that has access to remotely power off and power on the server. Once it reboots, you can get into RBSU and you can set the administrator's password and add users, etc. Unfortunately its usually an admin account which has the virtual power rights. Do you have the serial number of the RILOE card by any chance?

The key is to know a user's account that will work for you.

Hope this helps and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards,
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Darren,

On my Proliant DL380 G2s that came with RILOEs, there is a utility found in the control panel (start->settings->control panel) called "Remote Insight Setup". This utility basically provides you the options to change just about everything on the RILOE card installed on the server. You can reboot the RILOE, re-allocate all the networking settings, create, delete, add admin, other user accounts.

Could you take a quick look in your control panel for this? If you could find it, it would solve all your problem. I do not know how to install this or where to get this utility as a standalone install. I believe it was installed as part of Smart Start assisted OS install.

Another option to try would be RILOE Command line scripts. Take a look at the hp web site under RILOE\RILOE II\ILO page.

Let me know how you go and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards,