1753610 Members
5920 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II on DL380 - Error

WMihalik
Occasional Advisor

RILOE II on DL380 - Error

One business group has basically given us an old DL380 to be used as a COB (continuation of business = backup server in case the primary dies). Well, after struggling to install Windows 2003 (native driver issue with the SCSI controller), we need to install a RILOE II card so that it can be administered remotely.

I install the card, install the latest drivers, everything is happy. I configure the card with the necessary information including hostname, IP address, netmask and all the other configuration stuff you normally do when setting up a RILOE card.

I connect to it remotely, it works but then a few minutes later the screen just freezes and I'm unable to access it. Going to the server shows that everything seems to be working fine, no errors, no problems. I PING the card using both hostname/IP address and get a response every time. I check device manager and also find the card is recognised by Windows. I restart the server, same problem. I unplug the card, same problem. When I try to connect I just get the error that the server is unavailable.

Finally, after a few hours I'm once again able to access the card but once again, a few minutes later I seem to lose connectivity. This time however I get a Windows error: Access is denied. It also gives an error for "line 59".

Has anybody else seen this (or a similar) problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Hirakant

What firmware version does your RILOE-II card have?
The latest version is the 1.13
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20984.html
WMihalik
Occasional Advisor

Firmware was already updated to the latest version.

I've tried both old and new drivers to no effect. I've used RILOE as well as the RILOE II drivers, again to no effect.

The only thing now is to test it in another system to see if I get the same issue.
WMihalik
Occasional Advisor

It's at times like this that I feel silly and it just goes to show that sometimes you over analyse the situation when the simplest solution will suffice.

It was an IP address conflict. The segment I was working on was on a specific subnet, and as it's in a testing rack, the IP address is supposed to be static. I used the address that was labelled on the patch but somebody else was using that as well for another machine.

Long and short of it was I should have tested the cable and the address before just plugging it in.