1753487 Members
4310 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE Is Not Responding To Command

Andrew Horne
Frequent Advisor

RILOE Is Not Responding To Command

I have just upgraded the firmware on a number of our RILOII cards. Some of these servers have the external mouse/keyboard adapter.

We have three servers with the external mouse/keyboard adapter, they are three ML530 machines, generation 1. Two out of three of these machines are now no longer responding when trying to connect to the RILO cards. There is no response to pings.

One of the two servers was restarted over the weekend and waited for user input before coming back up. The error message given was `Error 0002: RILOE Is Not Responding To Command`.

There is a document regarding this error here -
http://www5.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000075726145

Although these three servers (from what I recall) don't have an internal cable connected, which is why they have the external setup. I cannot check whether there is an internal cable as I would have to down the servers. The firmware version I upgraded to is 1.16.

I may at some point have to downgrade the firmware version to see if that works.

I may also try disconnecting the external keyboard and mouse adapter and power-cycle the card to see if there is any response to pings afterwards.

Has anyone seen this problem or similar?

Regards,
Andrew Horne
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Horne
Frequent Advisor

Update -

I have disconnected the external adapter and connected the keyboard and mouse as normal. The RILO card is still not accessible even after power cycling it. I haven't power cycled the server or checked internally.

Regards.
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Andrew Horne
Frequent Advisor

Hi, thanks for your reply. This RILO card was working and had been working for the last two years. Not a problem until after I upgraded the firmware last week.

I have read the link you sent but there isn't any reference in it to the problem I am seeing. The server restarts, the video is configured correctly, cannot ping the RILO card, RILO card doesn't appear to have started correctly. The server restarts after enter is pressed when the error originally stated is displayed.

The only change made which could be connected to the RILO card not functioning is the firmware update - the cards did work immediately after the upgrade, I checked. The only error message seen is the 0002 error refered to in the link in my first post.

Regards