1751933 Members
4905 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE and DL380G2

Alexander Straub
Occasional Advisor

RILOE and DL380G2

I have a DL380G2 series server with a riloe (remote insight light out board version 1) with all actual rompaqs. The Y-Adapter cable for the mouse and keyboard support is connected. Very often i have the problem, that the mouse is not responding. After i made a reboot sometimes the mouse works but most the time it don't work.
9 REPLIES 9
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Is the internal cable attached to the RILOE? If the internal cable is connected, then the "Y-Adapter" is not used or recommended. Take a look at the following URL for this info:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/server-slot-matrix.html
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Alexander Straub
Occasional Advisor

Sorry but i haven't a RILOE II board with an internal cable. With an RILOE II board all works fine. The problem is only with the RILOE (verion 1) board. Any further ideas?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Did you look at the URL? If there's no internal cable connected, then how does your virtual power button feature work?

The RILOE you have has a spot to plug the internal cable in to. I don't know if you have the cable connected, but it WILL cause this problem if both the internal AND external adapter connected. I don't believe any other ideas are required since I'm 99% sure this is your problem. I would recommend opening the following URL and selecting the link for the detailed picture:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/index.html
Alexander Straub
Occasional Advisor

If i use the internal virtual power button cable and no keyboard/mouse adapter neither the keyboard nor the mouse are working.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Again. Did you look at either of the URLs? It's possible there is something wrong with the RILOE you have, but I would recommend verifying the configuration first.
Alexander Straub
Occasional Advisor

Yes i have looked to the URL and i have used another riloe board, but with the same problem. if i use the internal virual power button cable and no y-adapter no keyboard and mouse are working. if i use the y-adapter together with the virtual power button cable the keyboard works fine but the mouse mostly don't work. I have no idea about this. The URL clearly says that no y-adapter is needed with the dl380 g2 server series. But in this condition no keyboard is working. Booting the server and no F10 or ESC or NUM-Lock works.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I would start off troubleshooting this by making sure everything is connected the way it should be (according the server slot matrix and manual). There may be something else causing this, but this can never be correctly troubleshot without things the way they're supposed to be.

If a replacement rib is being used there is still a problem happening, then this would seem to indicate a configuration problem.

Is the keyboard and mouse directly attached to the server or is a KVM switch being used?
Alexander Straub
Occasional Advisor

The keyboard and mouse are connected directly. The PCI slot is correct (the bottom pci slot of the riser board). All cables are seated correctly. I think i will change the board to a riloe II board. with this board all workes fine.
Bob Calhoun

Oddly enough I too have had this problem. I have gotten around this prblem by using a usb mouse and this has worked. Unfortunaely I have not been able to find out why. Give it a try and hope all work well