1753724 Members
4845 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE

Arne Lovius

RILOE

I have a ROLOE (v 2.42) in an ML330 that I manage, I went to use it today and when I login through the 1st page it accepts the login and progresses through to the framed pages, but each frame contains another login , the attachment is a jpeg of the page with 3 logins on it.

IE6 current on win2k pro with the 1.42 Sun JVM

I've reset the RILOE card to no avail, and tried 2 other PC's to no avail

I would welcome any suggestions on what I've done "wrong"
7 REPLIES 7
Mogens Kjaer
Frequent Advisor

Re: RILOE

Is the date, time, and especially timezone
set correctly on the machine on which
you run the browser? If this is not the case,
maybe this is the reason why your login expires
immediately.
Arne Lovius

Thanks for your reply, both PC's are part of the same Active Directory, and are set to the same time zone and synched to the same master time server, On visually checking the time they appear in sync ie the seconds change over at the same time.

Mogens Kjaer
Frequent Advisor

What about the security settings of the IE6?

Cookies? Java enabled? Javascript enabled?
Arne Lovius

its currently set to no security (this was one of the 1st things I checked) however I don't know if one of the many IE6 security updates could have done something "nasty" to it.

From my perspective, its not the client (the browser) thats doing this, but the board. So I'm going to take the drives out and erase the system, then try again. I'm also going to do a clean install of 2k pro on a box and see if that has any effect.

To say this problem is irritating is putting it mildly :-(
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Sun Java 1.4.x is definitely not supported. You'll have to uninstall it and install VM 1.3.x and nothing else.

You also might to want to download the latest firmware 2.51 which adds directory support i.e. logon with your AD user account. See ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp23501-24000/sp23571.exe or http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/downloads.html for more info
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Sun Java 1.4.x is definitely not supported. You'll have to uninstall it and install VM 1.3.x and nothing else.

You also might want to download the latest firmware 2.51 which adds directory support i.e. logon with your AD user account. See ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp23501-24000/sp23571.exe or http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/downloads.html for more info
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Arne Lovius

upgrading to 2.51 appears to have cured the original login issue, I still have the current sun JVM (need it for managing other hardware) and now I have a "new" problem, I can connect to the login page via the IP or its FQDN, but it will only allow the login if I use the IP (if I use the FQDN instead it doesn't acept the login (I am not using the AD/Directory login)