1748123 Members
3304 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RIS and Black screen

Lyle_8

RIS and Black screen

All

We have recently received a couple of brand new DL380 G3's and using RIS to build them. Problem is that after we press F12 to get to the welcome RIS screen, we get a black screen and the server reboots..

We have about 30 servers in the environment that was all build through the same RIS process, so I know nothing has changed there. Only thing I can think of is that some architecture on the server has changed..?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Lyle

3 REPLIES 3
Henrik Svarrer
Advisor

Re: RIS and Black screen

Hi,
Try to upgrade the firmware on the nics. Remember to copy the new driver (.cat,.sys and .inf) to the installation directory(i386) of your ris image. That should help!
Lyle_8

Thanks for this, and apologies if I am not understanding, but I see there is no DOS version for the firmware upgrade of the NICS...How am I to use a GUI version to upgrade the firmware if I cannot get a OS on the machine in the first place?
Henrik Svarrer
Advisor

Hi,

I know that you doesnt have a os. You has to configure one manually and then use that disc on the rest to boot up and upgrade the fw. I am not sure about this works for you, it worked for me.
Good luck!