108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ROMPAQ Image not found

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

ROMPAQ Image not found

Also I want to update the BIOS is this HP Proliant DL360 G4 that the MSA is attached too, however I am getting that awful message about not having the rompaq image when attempting to run the rompaq.exe. ERR!
Are there some switches on the System Board that need to be set?

Is that the S2 system maintence switch which controls flsshing the BIOS?

Off = System configuration can be changed.
On = System configuration is locked.
15 REPLIES 15
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

PING....
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

What are you attempting to flash the BIOS with (USB stick, CD)? Did you prepare the media as per instructions that came with?

Normally (if nobody has done something fancy wiht BIOS settings) the system ROM upgrade should happen as easy as booting from the update media. Provided the update media is prepared correctly, bootable and contains necessary data.
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

I followed the instructions for making the flash drive bootable, followed the instructions for getting the rompaq files on the disk, read the read me verified the files listed in the read me on usb drive, usb drive boots fine, rompaq runs then errors when I select flash the rom with no image found
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

You could try flipping that S2 switch to off (if it is currently on). It should not do any harm. If that doesn't help, you could try to prepare and flash the firwmare with a CD instead of an USB stick, try an online upgrade option if that is available in your situation, or re-do the preparation of the USB stick. I suspect that there is something wrong with the media or the way it was prepared or the files that are on it (wrong server model/generation).
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

My question to your knowledgable support folks is this.

If I followed the steps properly to utilize my usb flash key. And I have verified my flash drive has all the required files and I can boot to it and ROMPAQ automatically launches and brings me to the screen to ok flashing the rom, then why does it error saying image not found?
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

Well, probably because the flash utility cannot find the "image" - something it needs is missing or wrong. I would encourage to try other methods for flashing system ROM, if the USB-stick is not working (CD, floppy, iLO) and see if the result changes.
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

CD and floppy had the same error message.

I have created each from the sp38286.exe file (DL360 G4 Servers Version 2007.07.16A)

HP DL360 Proliant G4 SN:USM5390200 PN 380325-001

Perhaps there is something wrong then with the the package I downloaded that creates the image for all the various methods to flash the bios with the rompaq fail at the same error.

Could you then provide me a link to a viable sp38286.exe file that will create a working Rompaq image.

Jeff Arwood
Advisor

I just tried the flat file directory too, booted to my winpe usb change directory to the rompaq folder with image file, ran the rompaq utility it is tell me no image file found :(
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

CPQxxxxx.xxx - ROM file image for this particular ProLiant Server.

I have checked my folder again I have a file
CPQSRVR2.CPU 29 kb 1/16/08 1:35 pm
CPQP5201.EF0 579 kb 1/16/08 1:35pm

So what can we conclude from this?