Re: ROMPAQ Image not found

SOLVED
Go to solution
cnb
Honored Contributor
cnb
Honored Contributor

In other words, yoiu need to have all of the required files on the USB device (from a Service guide):

Go to www.hp.com and download the following files to the root directory of a bootable device.
You can use a diskette, an external USB drive, or a CD/DVD.
├в ROMPAQ.exe
├в CPQSRVR2.cpu
├в CPQxxxx.xxx
├в CONFIG.sys
2. Create and label a bootable ROMPAQ device using the downloaded files.
3. Change the command line in CONFIG.sys with:
shell = rompaq.exe /! /U CPQSRVR2.CPU CPQxxxx.xxx

etc...

Rgds,
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

cnb,

if my flash drive boots and autoexect bat launches ROMPAQ as I have described in my thread and when I click ok and it comes back with an error stating image file not found and I just listed prior to your reply what I have identified as the image files on my flash drive, so by reason of logical deduction I have to have those other files or ROMPAQ would not launch. This is just simple logic.

So my question is do I have the right sp*.exe for building the right rom image for my system?

cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jeff,

Assigning 0 points won't get you too far with people that volunteer their time to help you.

sp38286.exe is for a DL360 G4.

Serial Number USM5390200
Product Number 380325-001
Product Description HP DL360G4p X3.0/2M/1G SCSI Svr US
Date of Warranty Check 18 Jun 2010

Logical deduction is that you have the wrong ROMPAQ for your G4p system. You are trying to load the wrong file for your system and it's telling you that you have to use the correct image file for a DL360 G4p, not a G4.

The image you need is SP38287.exe and can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=452749&prodNameId=3288142&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-ddef67fcfd824deeaf8f86d14b

Best Regards,

-cnb
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

CNB,

Thank you that is the answer to my question. I apologize but I thought I had made myself clear that my issue was not that I had not created the proper media with the correct files but that the common factor was no matter what format I used I still received the same error, thus my question do I have the right files.

Lesson learned prolaint dl360 G4 is not the same as G4p. I am not sure how you performed the warranty check but if you could be so gracious to provide a link I would of been able to noticed by my serial number that the model hp I am working with does not match the one to which I downloaded a rompaq for.

Thank you again.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

Look at the left IT Resource Center pane -> Warranty Check or here's the shortcut:

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyInput.do

Rgds,

-cnb