7497 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RPC service hangs, DL380 G5, Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2, SNP

Scherbarth

RPC service hangs, DL380 G5, Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2, SNP

I have a problem with 2 fileservers
on both sometimes the shares are suddeenly not reachable anymore
it seems if the rpc service is not responding anymore, if I'm connected via the Ilo Board before, the server seems to be working normaly and is pingable
I think this has something toda with SNP. But I already deactivated all settings like in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496/en-us and updated the network-card-drivers

any ideas ?
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

are you using NIC teaming?

server has latest driver? 4.1 and latest NCU 9.1 in case you are using NIC teaming?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Scherbarth

yes, latest drivers for nic (373i; broadcom) und NCU are installed,
teaming is deactivated for testing purposes currenty, but the error occured again

next step to try for me is to uninstall the HP Network Configuration Utility driver, but any other ideas are welcome
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

when file server are not reachable can you ping servers? how do you reestablish the operation for those file servers? do you need to reboot them?

any other issue like slow connection?

have you checked windows event log for any error message?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Scherbarth

hi,

yes server is still pingable

to reestablish the operation a reboot is necessary, yes (if i'm not already connected on the server via ilo board , the reboot has to be done by a power reset ....)

no slow connection issues
in the event-log, the first entry is: "the previous shutdown was unexpected" :-(

a call with microsoft is ongoing, but they say it is a HP thing .. (as always)

yesterday I've opend a case with HP, but still no answer/mail :-(
Maksim Smetanin

Have similar problem. Two NICs 373i (latest driver) set as team, HP Procurve 2824 switch with latest firmware.
When problem occurs, server is still pingable, but cannot be reached by ms-networking tools.
Temporary solution is to break adapter teaming (disable switch port or network adapter in windows - no matter).

When server boots and teaming enabled - when windows displays "Preparing network connections" server is not reachable by ping about 20-30 seconds... until about half-time of "Applying computer settins", which is too slow.
When server boots with only one patch cord plugged in :) there is no any slowdown, and login prompt displays with 5 seconds...