1753801 Members
7939 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack KVM HP TFT 7600 monitor Configuration

Vu PH Nguyen
Occasional Contributor

Rack KVM HP TFT 7600 monitor Configuration

I have a Rack KVM HP TFT 7600 and HP Serial Interface Adapter, I tried to config and control a Cisco switch (Cisco Catalyst 3500 XL). I also connected a HP Switch box with the TFT7600 monitor through KVM, it was behind the monitor. First i hooked up the Serial Adapter with the switch box by a RJ45 cable(one end to the Adapter and the other to a port on switch box(said port 1).

Next, there is a Serial port out from the Adapter, I hooked up the adapter to the Cisco Switch (by an RJ45-Serial cable, RJ45 goes to the console port in the Cisco Switch).

Later i turned on the Monitor and tried to connect to the Cisco switch and config it, but it did not work!!!
On the Main screen of the TFT7600 monitor, i could see that port 1 of the HP switch box was connected, but when i connect to the port, the configuration page (console for Cisco switch) did not appeared. I did try to change the bit rate and the other options, still i could not anything.
Please help me, what am i supposed to do now?
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have you read the manual here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00306005/c00306005.pdf

You should use CTRL-F8 to get into configuration mode. For a Cisco switch you would normally want 9600, 8 data bit,no parity ,1 stop bit, no flow control...

Are you using the light blue Cisco console cable ?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Vu PH Nguyen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob
Yes i used the light blue Cisco console cable, and i already got into the configuration mode, 9600, 8 data bit, but it did not work though

Also, when i tried to change the number of row/column or something like that from 80 to 132, the recommendation on the monitor said i should change the resolution to 14xx X9xx, but i dont know where i can change it, so from know on, if i connect to adapter, the recommendation keeps bugging me and nothing appears but a black screen, I dont know if there is a reset button in the monitor.

Thank you very much for the helps, i m reading the manual. Hope i can find the solution.