ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748182 Members
3527 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack power subsystem not redundant (22018)

SOLVED
Go to solution
adrian villegas
Advisor

Rack power subsystem not redundant (22018)

I have a customer with 3 racks, one power enclosure standard (3phase/6 power supplies) and 3 blade enclosures each rack, all BL20pG2.
The ILM of the ILO is reporting this CAUTION message since a year ago, but now the custumers detects it with Insight Manager, he is asking us now for the redundancy of the systems.
I tryed to explain he that the redundancy is for the power supplies, more redundancy is available with a second power enclosure but now the system has redundant power supplies.
I think that the CAUTIOn is only an informational message, because I check all the power supply in the three power enclosures and all is OK.
There is a paper that I can show to the customer about this message?
OR there is a way to fix the messages ....? Thanks.

Event Name: Rack power subsystem not redundant (22018) Event originator: Encl_P012KJP1RA Event Severity: Major Event received: 27-Dec-2005, 11:35:53

Event description: The rack power subsystem is no longer in a redundant state. User Action: Replace any failed power supplies as soon as possible to return the system to a redundant state.

Rack Name: OC-RACK2
Rack ID: P012KJP1RA

Enclosure Name: P012KJP1RA

Serial Number: P012KJP1RA

9 REPLIES 9
adrian villegas
Advisor

Ok, thanks for the information.
I read the docs and I understand that the systems I have are power redundant.
That means that the CAUTION message must be ignored by the customer ???
Any HP paper or advisory about that message ??

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Before you ignore Message ask if client can Verify Redundancy Page from Service PORT for Power enclosure and if there any reads for Fault.

From Advisory (2nd Link) there is a line to Ignore message, however I would Update at least firmware for Management Module, PSP if needed and Verify Redundancy and Fault Page from Service Port.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065042/c00065042.pdf
Page 83 for more info how to Verify
adrian villegas
Advisor

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE REDUNDANCY KEY, SOME NUMBER ARE BLINKING, OTHERS GREY AND FIXED.
WHAT IS THE STATUS, REDUNDANT OR NO REDUNDANT POWER ENCLOSURE OR POWER SUPPLIES.

ANY IDEA....TX.

Borc_1
Advisor

I have the same error e.g.
Rack power subsystem not redundant (22018)
at least twice or more per week

Configuration:
1 blade enclosure
1 1u power power enclosure with 6 PS
Firmware 2.30 on blade enclosure and 2.20 on power management module now upgraded to 2.30. Error still exist.

When connected to via serial port everything seems normal (file attached)
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

borut with 6PSU you redundancy - errors are false, does it report at all Servers ? did you reseat module or trough reset after Update?
Screenshot still show 2.20.
perhaps further FW release can identify in more accurate way
Borc_1
Advisor

Hello Oleg,

screenshots were taken before FW uprade. After FW upgrade, hot plugable power management module, was reseated.
Juergen.Kopp
Advisor

Hi @ all,

I solved this problem after Blade Enclosure FW update from v2.30 to 2.32 AND Power Enclosure FW update from v2.20 to 2.32.

See also Advisory Board for 1U Power Enclosure: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=459979&taskId=110
Borc_1
Advisor

Yes, firmware upgrade solved the problem.