4106 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raid 0 to Raid 0&1 DL360 G3 O/S NT4

pj_11
Super Advisor

Raid 0 to Raid 0&1 DL360 G3 O/S NT4

Hello All,

I have just added a new disk to in crease my capacity from raid 0 to raid 1&0.Then migrated
the raid level to 1&0.I can see 2 logical drives under ARRAY A.lOGICAL DRIVE 1 is 34727
before adding the new disk.Logical drive is
17363.Both drives are 36gb Drives.Logical drive 1 is showing raid 0,logical drive 2 is
showing raid 1&0 i must have done somthing wrong.Any ideas in windisk i have disk 0 34727
and disk 1 17363.How do i get the raid level as mirrored on both.is the size of logical drive 2 correct the disk added.

PJ
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Raid 0 to Raid 0&1 DL360 G3 O/S NT4

If you had 2 logical drives: and extend only one, than you should have unused space from Array configuration Utility close to ~17GB. Just Extent second logical drive with unused space.
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

I am stuck in a meeting this morning so i will try out an get back to you with the results.

Thanks

PJ
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

I have deleted logical drive 2 then extended which has given me one logical drive and the
extra space i need.But the raid level is set
on 0 when i try to change it ro raid 1&0 there is no option for me to change it.I am
using acu-xe utility.At this moment i have done the expansion but can not change the raid level for mirror,Should i have done this at the same time when i extended.i am new to this so any help would be great .

PJ
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

PJ,

If I understand correctly, you originally had one 36GB HDD configured as Array A with Logical Drive 1 (RAID 0).
You then added a second 36 GB HDD to Array A; this process would have been ├в Expanding├в the array. At the end of this process you would have got some ├в Unused Space├в under Array A. If you saw a second logical drive (RAID1+0), you must have created a logical drive from the unused space. You then deleted the second logical drive and ├в Extended├в your Logical Drive 1 ├в so now you have one RAID 0 logical drive in Array A.

Unfortunately, you cannot migrate from here. To migrate from RAID 0 to RAID 1 you need free space in the array that is at least equivalent to the size of the R
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

Yes you are exactly correct what is the work around if any at this point or do i need to
trash and do it a different way please advise

PJ