New Discussion юеВ

Re: Raid 0

SOLVED
Go to solution
pj_11
Super Advisor

Raid 0

Hello All,

This is a general question on Raid0 yes i know there i no fault tolerance.Customer has requested they require 2 further disks to be added to a MSA60 with a P800 but want theses configured as 2 Raid0.So will i see 2 logical drives in window.

Thanks

PJ
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

You have not asked a question.

Yes you can do that if that's what you are asking.

You can create 2 raid0 arrays, with one physical disk in each array and one (or more) logical disks in each array. In windows you will see one disk for each of the logical disks you created in the arrays. You can create one or more windows partitions per disk.

Or you can create one raid0 array with both physical disks in it and create two logical disks. In windows you will see two disks and you can create one (or more) windows partitions in each disk.
pj_11
Super Advisor

Excellent that was the answer i needed.
I was asking when i create 2 sets of raid0 would i see 2 logical drives in windows you have answered my question.

As you have said i can create one raid0 using
both disks what is the process to do this in ACU do you have any steps.

pj.
TTr
Honored Contributor

I don't have ACU in front of me right now but you use the configuration wizards and select the drives, the array type etc. It should be intuitive.

The ACU guide has some generic instructions as well http://docs.hp.com/en/9320/acu.pdf

Once you are in the conf. wizards, you'll know what to do.
pj_11
Super Advisor

Will have a play around with the ACU.
Thanks for your replies very helpful.

PJ