cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid controller P410 vs P410i ?

SOLVED
Go to solution

Raid controller P410 vs P410i ?

Checking the 150G6 and the 350G6 specifications, I noticed that in 150 models is possible to install P410 raid controller and in 350 models there is always the P410i.

What are the differences between two controllers ?

Another questions.. :

If I buy the 350G6 server without hard disk, could I install any "normal" hard disk like, for example, the Seagate Barracuda ES.2 SAS, 3.5",7200rpm, connecting directly at controller with cables without backplane for hot plug support ?

Thank you for support
3 REPLIES
ess
Super Advisor

Re: Raid controller P410 vs P410i ?

Hi
p400 is a hardware card raid but p410i is onboard .
p410i is very perfect from p400.
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

The P410i is built in to the motherboard already and does not take a PCIe slot. The P410 is a PCIe card that you can add on to any PCIe slot. Other than that they are both identical in terms of electronic components, features and performance.

You should also buy some cache memory for the P410i controller and not use the "Zero Memory" option.

You may be able to use your own SAS drives but you will not have an officially HP supportable server. And more importantly both the 2.5 and 3.5 drives are "Hot Plug" which means they come with a bracket to install them on the slot. The "Seagate Barracuda ES.2 SAS, 3.5,7200rpm" is probably a bare drive.

In addition it would be a shame to buy a G6 server and put in 7200RPM disks rathr than the 10k or 15k RPM ones.

Thank you for the clear explanation.

Best regards