1753406 Members
7270 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Raid controller not being recognized...

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Raid controller not being recognized...

Hello all, I have a Compaq 1850R, with 3 9.1 GIG Wide-Ultra drives, and a SmartArray 221 controller. The problem I am encountering is that the machine itself is acting like NO raid controller is installed, I currently hav it in slot 4, but have tried it in all others as well. When looking at the system configuration utility it says it is an embedded controller, instead of a SmartArray, I have tried swapping out the 9.1 drives for 4.3s, this did not work, i've tried booting with one, or no drives to see if the machine would pick up on the card, this did not work either. We've also tried using 2 other raid controller cards of the same model. I'm at a loss here and any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Take care...

Joe Valdez
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Raid controller not being recognized...

If you haven't removed the on-board integrated array controller (ROC), you may try removing it. Also, reseat the riser card (the board with the PCI slots) and make sure it is making good electrical contact with the system board (make sure it goes all the way down into the slot).