1751800 Members
5524 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raid

Ossama Zekry_1

Raid

Hi ther i have a problem with data on my hard disks.
I have 3 hard disks and configured raid 5
1 hard is damage and i remove the hard disk to replace but the problem that my customer pay on the configuration and the configuration changed to raid 1 on the 2 hard disks.
now all data and settings is gone.
i need to know is there any way to restore the configuration on the smart array and hrad disks or no.
thank you and best regards
5 REPLIES 5
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Re: Raid

Hi Ossama,

I need some more clarification on this as you saying that after remove one hdd the configuration changed to Raid1 as its not possible. And one more thing that Raid 5 having fault tolerance of 1 HDD, even if you remove one hdd the server will work fine with two HDD and after replacethe faulty HDD it starts rebuild.

Please share your inputs.
Everything is Possible+++
Ossama Zekry_1

I wiil tell you the Setuation exactly
The customer has a problem with 1 hard disk from 3 that worked raid 5 i removed this hard disk and every thing was ok i mean the system work no problem because raid 5 supported to work with this 2 hard disks until i replace.
but the real problem is my customer play in the configuration and configure this 2 hard disks raid level 1.
now he has aproblem with his data is there any way to recover or repair or reset this configuration.
thank you for replay
Ossama Zekry_1

Plz this is urgent case if any body know how to solv or there is no way to solve plz tell me
thank you and best regards
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I suspect that your customer has destroyed his data.

If the remaining two drives of the RAID-5 were reconfigured into a RAID-1 then any parity data that was on the disks will have been lost.

Hopefully he's got some good backup tapes...

Regards,

Rob
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

all I can tell you

call this people

and ask if they can recover information from this kind of situation

"migration raid 5 to raid 1"

Drivesavers
800-440-1904

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!