7399 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raid

KarlLinley
Occasional Contributor

Raid

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible and I am hoping someone on here can help ASAP.

I have two ML110 servers. Is it possible to setup a raid on one of the servers and then transfer the hard disks over to the new ML110 at a later stage?

Thanks in advance.

Karl Linley
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Raid

If they use the same controller, yes. The RAID information is stored on the disks, and if you move all the disks on a RAID to another server, the controller will load the information from there.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

as fas as I now Yes

you configure one server (RAID, install windows, ...)

after you put one of the hard drive in the other server and after that insert a new hard drive so that's going to rebuild on the other HDD

regrads
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarlLinley
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much!

You have given me exactly the answer I needed, this will hopefully save me a good few hours tomorrow.

Again thanks for the speed in replying.

Karl Linley
KarlLinley
Occasional Contributor

I was just re-reading the first reply again. Would the controller need to be the same one as it was originally setup on, or just the same model, firmware etc etc??? As the 110 is all on board.

Karl
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

if you have the same servers configure with the same (controller, proc, memory, ...) so that means controllers are the same

you can check the type of controller during POST the controller shows up and you can see if they have the same name and number

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!