6081 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rapid Deply Error

Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

Rapid Deply Error

hi

i have a BL25p enclosure with 8 blades in. Ive also got and RDP server and the communication between the enc and the rdp is good. everything is on the same VLAN. my problem is whether i run a server install that was setup during install (for instance w2k3 image) or a tailored image the script always fails at the Distribute Disk Image part stating 'The system cannot find the file specified' this is really odd as the files a in .\lib\images which is the default location. i have attached a screen shot if that helps.

has anyone come across this issue before? how did you get around it?

10 REPLIES 10
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

what RDP are you using?? usually this happens because yo directed the image to your computer and you should do it to the network share...

F:\lib\images\xxx.xxx
Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

i am using RDP 3.0

the images are located in the default location so i have not altered the job scripts.

but i also have this problem when i create my own job. as you know when you setup the disk image part of the job you manually point at the image.

and each time it says cant find the file

thank you for your help
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

It definetly looks like you might be having a mapping issue, have you tried to recompile your PXE boot image?? the snapshots will help a bit also can you send the job script to take a look and the mapdrv from the pxe image??
Ar_2
Advisor

Hi Ben,

Try mapping the unc path from the control panel,altiris deployment server - options -drive mappings.
AR
Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

anand

i tried your suggestion and it kept saying that was an incorrect path, i went to my client laptop and typed the UNC path in as a run command and it mapped no problem. as i am under pressure to get the system up i opted to uninstall and reinstall RDP. But on install it said it had installed the SQL component and it hadn't. i am now reimaging the server and starting again. i will let you know if this fixes my problem, thank you both for your input so far
Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

i still have the same issue after the rebuild.

when i put in the UNC like anand suggested it tells me the path doesnt exist

am i typing it in correctly?

\\(server name)\c$\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\lib\images

also

why does the script look in .\lib\images which looks like a UNIX path name when this is a windows file system and i am using WinPE to boot

cheers
Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

here is a screen shot
Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

im getting somewhere, i just used image explorer to look at the NTFS.IMG and it doesnt contain anything?? however when you look in the osdist\w2e folder and the i386 folder is present.

my question is how does loading NTFS.IMG load the i386 folder when you deploy a W2K3 server image?

Ben_Watson
Occasional Advisor

i have solved the issue

the script that calls up the disk image had a corrput xml file

rem Deploy System Configuration

set inputfile=pl-win.xml

call f:\lib\bin32\winpe\conrep.cmd -l %inputfile%

if you change it to point at pl.xml the imaging works