1753556 Members
5728 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Raw firmware file for DL145

Bj├╢rn Torkelsson
Occasional Advisor

Raw firmware file for DL145

Where can I find a "unpacked" ROMPaq of the latest biosversion (4.04) for DL145? I.e I just need the firmware file and the README, not the windows only binary. Our 190 nodes cluster does not have any diskette drives, so creating a boot floppy is pretty useless for us.
3 REPLIES 3
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Bjorn:
I have not seen any online versions of the bios update for the DL145 since it began. You may need to call HP engineering to see if such a work exists. Or, you can engineer your own from the diskette version:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/Server/us/download/21321.html
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Bj├╢rn Torkelsson
Occasional Advisor

Neither have I. Guess I have file a support case and try to convince them that it is somewhat ridicoulus that I need to create a bootfloppy on a windows machine to be able to extract the bios file, when we are running Linux on all 190 nodes, and none of them has a diskette drive or cdrom drive.

Guess I can put some pressure on it too as it was a requirement from our side that it should be possible to upgrade the bios without physical access to the nodes.
Craig Jackson_3
Frequent Advisor

I have successfully upgraded firmware on a DL145 using the PXE stuff. Basically, I had to reverse-engineer the PXE boot disk stuff. But I didn't go as far as making it unattended -- I only have one DL145. (But it's about 800 miles away, so I didn't want to have to fool with a floppy.)

I did have to start out by unpacking the ROMPaq to a real floppy. Haven't figured out any way around that.