cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Resource Allocation for B&B RS485 Serial Board

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Resource Allocation for B&B RS485 Serial Board

I have four servers that I am working with, all with basically nothing loaded but Win2000 Server, 3 Prolinat 1850R's and one 1600. Each of them has had a I&I Electronics RS485 PIC Serial card installed.

After installing the hardware and driver the OM port doesn't show up as an available port on the 1850R's but does on the 1600.

Under device manager the COM3 (3PCISD1) is listed but with the following message on the 1850R's. "The device cannot find free resources that it can use (Code 12). If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other device on the system".

In looking to see where the SO/?? assigned the ports IQ and Memory address (MSINFO32.EXE) I found a suspicious differance. The IRQ on 1850R's was assigned, IRQ 52 vs. IRQ 11 on the 1600.

I didn't see any BIOS updates newer than my 4/19/00 for Win2000. As further background,when I loaded the system I didn't use the SmartStart setup utility, but rather loaded basiclly a bare bones Win2000 to check out the hardware.

Any comments, help?