1752522 Members
5156 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reboots when installing WinNT 4.0 OS

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Reboots when installing WinNT 4.0 OS

I am at a loss on this one, but here is the situation, I have a DL360 with dual 800/133 and only one 9.1gig ID, I can get thou all of the compaq Smart Start preinstall. when it rebuts the first time after the SO install it shows one processor, then rebuts (this is normal) then the second boot comes up and now states that there are the 2 processors and at this point every time when the DOT's are normally printing to the screen, it will rebut. I have two machines identical and the same problem. Any clues would be greatly appericated.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Reboots when installing WinNT 4.0 OS

I had this as well, when in Smartstart and it asks you how much disk space you want to give the partition instead of going for the maximum (4096meg) go for (4001 Meg). Strange I know but it worked.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What version of Smartstart are you using? Do you know what revision of NT 4.0 the NT CD has on it (like SP1 or SP3)? Do you have any other cards installed?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Here's a similar problem. DL360 dual 800/133. 2x 15k 9Gb drives. Go through complete smart start sequence, then onto installation of TN at first rebut in TN, the machine rebuts and seems to be caught in a loop. Any idea ?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have exactly the same set up and the problem occurred with us. The problem was a tab on the heatsink. Remove this and all is fine