108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Recommended drives for HP ML110 G5 e200i

SOLVED
Go to solution
gmailJoe
Occasional Contributor

Recommended drives for HP ML110 G5 e200i

I'm looking for some recommendations for drives to install on ML110 G5 with e200i 128MB card.  I tried to install a WD RE4 500GB but it wasn't recognized after I connected it.  I'm going to update the firmware later - maybe that will help.  If not, I'll try to install drives others have been successful installing.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

please find attach the quickspecs of the server, where you can find all of the supported hard drives. Please be sure , that you are using hp labeled hard drives.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Or, if you don't want to buy HP's officially branded gear, at least you could buy one that is the 'equivalent of'. You can find the HP part numbers via the quickspecs

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12867_na/12867_na.HTML >> HTML version of PGTRI's quickspecs.

If you want to find other parts to buy, you could take the OPTION number (the one you find in the quickspecs) - and search for it on http://partsurfer.hp.com -- that will provide you with the SPARE part number, maybe you can find a different price for those.
anthony11
Regular Advisor

Product data sheets show what was available when the system was released, not necessarily what is available and will work two years later.

Certainly last summer there was a firmware update for the p410i et al HBA's to handle >2TB disks.  Finding the latest version of software/firmware from HP can be challenging, but the latest I see for your system is dated 2010 and doesn't mention a disk size fix, so while it's possible that it'll just work, it seems more likely that HP hasn't decided to update firmware for this low-end model.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Quickspecs are updated quite often.