cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguration with a fallback plan

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Reconfiguration with a fallback plan

I have a system configured with 2X9.1G drives (OS) Raid 1 and 3X18.2G drives (Data) Raid 5. I want to change the function of the machine and plan to install 2X18.2G (OS) Raid 1. No data drives will be used.
In the event that I have problems with the new system, I need to be able to revert back to the original configuration. I plan on simply marking and removing the original drives, installing the 2 new drives and using the Compaq SmartStart to build the new machine.
My fallback plan involves placing the original 5 disks back in their original; positions and running F10. The system should then operate exactly as it did before.
I have heard that the RAID controller has a memory cache that may prevent me from putting the original drives back in place and returning to original functionality.
Can anyone comment on this, or describe a procedure to achive my goal.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Reconfiguration with a fallback plan

Array configuration is stored in H.D., so you can mark and remov the original drivers,install 2 new driver,conifgure HW and install OS, if you want to return to original status, accord original order to insert disk,not need to run F10, server will boot normally,(disk order never be changed)

information for reference