ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752572 Members
4553 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Recovering Operating System From DL 380 G5 Server.

Imran Faiz

Recovering Operating System From DL 380 G5 Server.

have HP Proliant ML 380 G5 Server. I have installed Windows Server 2003 with Raid 1+0 on 2 HDDs of 146 GB each. I have removed both Hdds from that server and insert other HDDs to that server for testing. When i insert existing two HDDs again the Server not booted. It shows the Logical drive but operating system not found error occurred when i boot from HDD.

I want to recover Operating system. can you please help me. As this is critical request.
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Recovering Operating System From DL 380 G5 Server.

hi

did you put your HDDs back in the same position??

since you have RAID 1, insert 1 HDD and test if your server can work if not test the other HDD (that's the advantage of having RAID 1)

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Imran Faiz

Thanks for your comments.

I have put the original HDDs at the same location. And i have also tried to boot from each HDD as you said but the it do no boot from HDD.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Did you do anything to the disks you removed before putting them back in?

With all the disks removed, power on the server, press F8 to enter the SmartArray menu, clear the configuration.
Power off, insert one disk and try to boot.
Imran Faiz

Thanks for reply.

I have not performed any activity with those two Hdds. Just removed and then placed.

You mean i remove these Hdds from server and then delete logical drive from configuration menu.and then insert these HDDS again in server one by one and try to boot.