1753481 Members
4929 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Recovery Drive D in the raid 5 HP proliant

sagung

Recovery Drive D in the raid 5 HP proliant

hi..

I have two HDD scsii in the my server (Raid 0 and 1 )
I need help...I can't Startup Windows server 2003 because my harddisk 1 is failed end blinking. informatin array replace the harrdisk.

What can I do.. for recovery my data in the drive D raid ????

My email : sony.agung@gmail.com

thanks,
Sony
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Recovery Drive D in the raid 5 HP proliant

Hey, well.

If you have two physical disks, and two logical volumes on them. Both a RAID0 and a RAID1 on it.

Did you put the OS on the raid0??

Anyway, the data that was on the raid0 are gone. You may be able to get the RAID1 data back. One thing you can do is to re-create the raid0 logical volume and re-install Windows.
Then after that you may be able to get the data back that was on the raid1.

There are softwares that may work (I don't have any experience with any though) or there are companies around as well that assist you with recovering lost data on hard drives.
Ali
HPE Pro

HI Sony,

Please share more info.

what is your raid setup?

YOu mentioned two hard drive in raid 0 and raid 1 and also recovery drive D in raid 5.

What is the status of the logical drive?
Total no of hard drives and logical drive configuration?
Server Model ? Controller Model?

share the ADU report if possible so that we could check the exact configuration and advice you best and possible solution for your problem.

thanks
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yeah it's a little confusing.
Says raid5 in the topic too.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Do you have RAID 0, RAID 1 or RAID 0+1 for your drive D:. Sounds like RAID 0 striping. If this is the case, you can't recover RAID 0 has not fault redundancy. What does the HP array tools say about the array. If RAID 5 on drive D. Did you lose more than one drive? Do you have a spare drive installed. You might able to add a spare drive and see if it fails over.

How many drives are on the server and how are they configured?