6025 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Recurring failed disk on ProLiant 1600

Marc Carney
Valued Contributor

Recurring failed disk on ProLiant 1600

Hi All,

We replaced a failed 18GB disk in a 3-disk raid-5 array, and also the backplane. This was the 2nd replacement drive in a week.

I've checked the firmware/drivers and we're not using the latest versions but they are relatively recent. The failed drive firmware seems OK also as its the same as one of the other good drives.

I'm thinking of replacing the drive again but just want to know if there are any known issues or if anyone has any other ideas.

Smart answers only please.

Thanks in advance. - Marc
The sheep tell me what I need to know
3 REPLIES 3
Marc Carney
Valued Contributor

Re: Recurring failed disk on ProLiant 1600

Made a mistake, we have actually replaced 3 drives, 1 backplane and the same drive bay has failed again.
Chanler Childs
Frequent Advisor

I seem to remember getting a streak like that once as well.

Do you have another server you can try any of those disks in to see if it fails in there too?

I see this is the old style of drive carrier, which if I remember has the pcb board to make it hot swap. Are you putting new disks in the same carrier? I guess itd be possible something isn't right with it anymore.
Marc Carney
Valued Contributor

On this particular server it is the newer 1" carrier. (We do however have a similar problem on a different server using the old 1.5" carriers).