cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Disk Lights hard on

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Red Disk Lights hard on

We have a DL380-G2 with 6 72GB hdd's, configured as RAID5. The machine has been built and functions with no problems. How ever all the red HDD lights are constantly on. Booting to smart start and running the disk array utility shows that the array and disks are OK. I cannot find an error anywhere. I have reseated all the drives and rebooted but still the same. Do not get an error on boot either. Any reason why the lights are constantly on?
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Red Disk Lights hard on

I have the exact same issue with my DL380 with 3 - 36.4GB hdds. Any ideas Compaq Support? Do you recommend a ROMPAQ or Support Paq upgrade?

Thanks,
Rich
richh@omnicell.com
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have just had the same problem. The optional 2 drive cage, has different cabling configuration. Cable the 2 drive cage to the bottom scsi connector, connect a short scsi from top scsi connector on 2 drive cage unit to the 4 drive cage, and add in the control signal cable. Add power to both units, add disks in and power up. All the drives will now boot up and display green light. The instruction sheet that the 2 bay drive cage came with told me this......ophs.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply's. We have DL380 G2 which does not have a split backplane, so the cabling is not the issue. I have resolved the problem now, the fault was with the disk backplane board. Fitted a new one and all OK. The faulty board gives the same error when installed in another server. Hope this helps others with the same problem.