ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753798 Members
7959 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Red Light in Hard Disk - DL380P - Update firmware controller?

Edward_Delzo
Occasional Contributor

Red Light in Hard Disk - DL380P - Update firmware controller?

We have a server: HP Proliant DL380P Gen 8, in which a problem has been reported.

It has a RAID 0 with 3 disks.
One of its disks is a (P / N: 653960-001) HP G8 G9 300-GB 6G 15K 2.5 SAS, which has a red light and in the management software indicates that it has had a failure. The other 2 hard drives are the same model and are fine.

Therefore, it has been replaced by a new hard drive (P / N: 652611-B21) HP 300GB 6G SAS 15K SFF 2. "SC ENTERPRISE

RAID 0 has been successfully rebuilt and information is already being saved.
But a red light appears on the new installed hard drive. (Attached image) (Box 2 - Bay 2)

No alert appears in the management software.

Is this because a new hard drive has been placed and the controller firmware needs to be updated?
I appreciate your answers or any solution to this problem.

New Hard Disk

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Red Light in Hard Disk - DL380P - Update firmware controller?

Hello,

I need more clarification in a raid configuration.

We lost all configuration in raid 0.If any of the hard disks failed in the raid 0.

I would request you check and confirm the raid configuration again.

Hard disk needs to be replaced again If only the red LED is appearing. 

If you can share the storage information as well as IML logs entries from the ILO page, it will help us to isolate the issue.

I would request you take the complete the data backup if you are able to access the data.

Please let me know for further queries.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo