5930 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Redundant PUS - General Failure

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Redundant PUS - General Failure

Hello!
I've got the message below in the system log of the server, one message for each of the the three bays.
"Compaq System Information Agent: Compaq Health: The Fault Tolerant Power Supply Sub-system is in a failed state. Restore power or replace the failed power supply.
Chassis: 0; Bay: 3
[SNMP TRAP: 6031 in CPQHLTH.MIB]"

In the CIM they are marked as failed (General Failure). The server powers up and starts as normal.

Has anyone experienced something similar?
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Dont know wether its too similar but here is my problem
ML370 with redundant option, working fine and reporting to CIM ok. One module then failed. Replaced module OK but now CIM shows redundant option as "Installed but not supported" Replaced all 3 psu's with good units but still same. Replaced cage, still same. Am now trying to get a replacement loom assy but I am in Saudi Arabia and levels of service are HORRIBLE!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What firmware rev is the machine at? I would recommend upgrading the firmware.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have exactly the same thing happening. Compaq had me up the latest BIOS, NSSDs and agents on, that didn't change anything. They then had me clear the NVRam, still no help. They also had me check the data cable on the cage, it was fine. Did you ever get a solution that worked for you?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I ripped out the whole power supply and re attached all cables and put it all together again. Then it worked. We had checked the cables before but apparently something was missing (and it was a bit short of space to check the cables)
Trevor Jackson_1

I have recently had a similar issue. It was tracked down to a faulty port within a compaq UPS being used on one of the redundant power supplies. The cables were swapped around and the issue moved to the external disk enclosure. This was solved by replacing the failed bay within the UPS.

Are you using UPS ?

If so is it running maintenance ?