1748265 Members
4075 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Redundant power supply fault on ML370 G3

rikkian

Redundant power supply fault on ML370 G3

Hi,

first off a stupid question: how do I know which one of the power supplies is #2? I get errors in Windows 2K event viewer, which state lost redundancy and fault in power supply #2. So is it the upper or the lower one in the tower model? I didn't find this in the manual.

Second, do you think this is actually a power supply fault or a backplane fault, since the fault is randomly repeating and the supply comes back on-line straight away?

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Number 2 is the top one in the tower model. You can get this info from the illustration on the inside of the top cover (side in you case).

I would suspect it's not a power supply failure since it's intermittant. It's more likely there is a problem with the power getting to the power supply. Is # 2 connected to a different circuit or UPS?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
rikkian

It's using the same UPS circuit as the #1 supply. I will try rewiring it with another cord and see if it makes a difference.
Nick Beck

I recently bought two brand new power supplies for two of our ML370 G3s that are approx 2-3 years old. One of them would constantly cycle between alive and dead, every few minutes, and did so for two days before stopping and deciding that it would work happily. The other worked perfectly for a few days, then started doing the same. This one was replaced by the supplier, and the replacement has been solid from the start. Ironically, the other one has now started playing up, so is likely to be replaced.

I'd suggest the power supplies are possibly to blame, but then, I'm not totally sure....!