New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reinstall on Proliant ML350

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Colburn
Occasional Visitor

Reinstall on Proliant ML350

Hi all,

I have a proliant ML350 which was a domain controller on an NT4 domain but now have two new 2003 servers which control the domain. I would like to retain the NT4 server but as a standalone server. Now here comes the problem, i cannot demote it to a standalone in NT4 there is no option to do so, i have now tried re-installing NT4, i can boot up the NT istallation disc at startup but when i try to install it tells me it cannot find any discs therefore i cannot install NT. Should also say the server is running on a raid array with two logical drives.

Cheers in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

Which controller are you using? You need to press F6 during the initial NT Cd boot process and specify the controller driver. The other option would be to use the Smart Start CD, but this will wipe out all data on the drives
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Stuart Colburn
Occasional Visitor

I've checked my SCSI devices and the ones listed are the tape drive, cd-rom and two others the Compaq psuedo smart array controller and an Adaptec ultra PCI SCSI controller Adaptec Pseudo. do i need to instal both of these at start up
Stuart Colburn
Occasional Visitor

the controller is a smart array 641
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

You can download cp004032.exe from following page,

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19093.html

Installation instructions are available on the same web page.
Stuart Colburn
Occasional Visitor

Cheers Guys

Problem solved, installed the controller driver after hitting F6 and alls well.