ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753500 Members
4636 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reinstalled OS on ProLiant DL380p Gen8, what HP software should I install?

jumbozero
Occasional Contributor

Reinstalled OS on ProLiant DL380p Gen8, what HP software should I install?

I have almost no expsoure to HP servers so please bear with me. I have reinstalled windows server 2012 R2 on a ProLiant DL380p Gen8 that previously had the SP's through 2017.04.0 installed on it. I have already installed "HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64", but it shows almost nothing in comparison with what it showed before the OS reinstall. A message at the bottom of the Management homepage says "Install the latest version of HP Insight Management WBEM Providers and/or HP Insight management Agents from HP Service Pack for ProLiant(HP SPP). Click Here to the latest version of HP SPP." Probably these components came preinstalled on the server when it was first acquired? Should I install both?

Also I think I've configured iLO for port 192.168.4.10, but when I browse to that address there is nothing. Do I need to install "HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility for Windows x64 Editions"? iLO was never configured on this server as far as I can tell. Otherwise how else do I access iLO?

3 REPLIES 3
jumbozero
Occasional Contributor

Re: Reinstalled OS on ProLiant DL380p Gen8, what HP software should I install?

No one willing to share tips on this?

vijay9
HPE Pro

Hi Jumbozero, 

When you are updating supported SPP of this model Gen8 server it will get intalled all agents, no need to update manually. 

Once all the driver , firmware and agents installed. You can install the the supported OS and check. 

Yes, you need to configure the ILO  to access remotely. 

Below is the steps to follow 

1. Restart the server, press F8 to configure the iLOas per below image,
  2. By default iLO is configured to have dynamic IP from DHCP, we will configure DHCP to be off , use right arrow button from keyboard and point to Network then DNS DHCP.
  3. Be default it is turned ON, press space to turn it to OFF.

If still have any query, please open a ticket with HPE our diagnosis team will assist further. 

Regards, 

Vijay 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jumbozero
Occasional Contributor

I am not sure you understood the scenario.

#1 ssp was install on previous OS. The current OS has not had ssp installed. I think you're telling me that I need to reinstall the most recent ssp, and it will take care of all of the supplimental software?

#2 iLO is already set to DHCP off.

Will I be able to access iLO after the ssp is installed?