1752808 Members
5904 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Insight Boards

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remote Insight Boards

I am trying to find information on wether it is a good idea or not to put a lights out edition remote insight board on the internet. Is this something Compaq would recommend. I would put it behind a firewall and use firewall1 session authentication agent to give access. Look forward to any advice / tips ie. Is this what it is designed for?

Thanks
David Darmanin
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote Insight Boards

You can do this, but make sure you do NOT use the default password and account settings (change all of that and make note of those changes). It's generally not a great idea, but possible.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having a problem adding a RIB to a DL380, with the board in, my server hangs when it checks the floppy drive after initializing the integrated array, the floppy light stays on and it will not continue to boot, I have 2 other DL380s with RIBs in them that are working fine. No other boards in the server, BIOS is at 8/24/2000, 1.2GB of RAM, Dual 733 Processors.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the idea (see thread above). Sometimes someone elses problems can tip you off to a solution for your own problem.

Good Luck,
Jay
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Reply to 43880:

Do you know what firmware version you are using on this particular RIB? Do you have it in PCI slot 1 (not supported any other way)? Otherwise, have you tried another RIB (assuming there's a spare around)?