1752778 Members
6071 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight interface error. .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.0.9006 nterface error

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface error

There was a fix in Driver 3.4.0.0 but some customers came back saying the new driver just made the issue happen less often.  We recently released iLO3 1.29 (see FTP links few posts above this one) that contains a new CHIF subsystem in order to solve few known communication issues. 

Please give 1.29 a try and let me know the results.

When you say "talk" what do you actually mean?

I ask because I've had this issue for months now, it must go back at least 4-5 months and the iLO3 card works as normal for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden comes up in SMH/HP SIM with an error:

Event Details: (SNMP) Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

Resetting the iLO3 clears it, so does rebooting the server (as you would expect) but ONLY installing the CHIF resolves the problem (not updating the other driver or the firmware).

See my more detailed post further up for more info.

orbtastic
Occasional Advisor

Re: Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface error

Yes, had the same issue. Once the CHIF is installed it shows up in the VCA but oddly the Management driver shows twice.

HP ProLiant iLO 3/4 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2008 X64 3.5.0.0 3.5.0.0

HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2008 X64 3.4.0.0 3.3.0.0
tedpro

what is the username and password for the FTP sites?

Ted

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Please use iLO3 v1.50

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 64-bit
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1728391553/v73058

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 32-bit
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p901462262/v73059

Online ROM Flash Component for Linux
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1255562964/v73060

Note: clear your browser cache after upgrading iLO3 to this version.

so we've got a bunch of BL460c G7's running Windows 2008 R2 and we upgraded to the following versions:

HP ProLiant iLO 3/4 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows 2008/2012 x64 - 3.7.0.0

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 3 - 1.50 

but we're still getting the  Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006) error from HP Sim.  Bear in mind that nothing actually happens to the iLO it's just an annoying alert we recieve a few times a week from 12 - 16 servers.

now someone mentioned installing the following driver will fix it:

HP Proliant iLO 3/4 Channel Interface Driver for Windows X64 version 3.7.0.0 (English (US), Japanese)

^ can someone confirm i need to install this as it doesn't appear in my list of installed drivers/firmware but if i expand Additional Items it is in the large list of items that can be installed

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

No, do not install those drivers. It won't make a difference.

I've been debugging this issue for several months on both the driver side and iLO firmware side but, progress has been very slow because, I've been able to reproduce this issue only on one of the 5 systems that I have in my lab where the issue is seen once every two or three weeks. Also, with the debug version of the channel interface driver, this issue has not been reproduced yet.

At this point, I do not believe this issue is iLO firmware related. I'm looking for somebody willing to send us a full HDD image from one of the systems that exhibits this issue. Please contact me via PM so, I can provide a private FTP site where the image can be uploaded.

Oscar

We were plagued by this problem for a year or so.

Private correspondance with Oscar at HP suggested that it might be Windows OS' on G7/iLO3 that are running McAffee but correspondance stopped just as it started to look like that might be the case.

We have 100% solved this now (touch wood - no false alerts for 4 weeks now and prior to that we had the issue multiple times daily - our monitoring team are delirious) on all our affected W2k8 R2 x64 systems as follows;
- Manually Install cp017930 (3.7.7.0 CHIF)
- Manually Install cp017974 (3.7.7.0 Mgt Controller Driver)
- Reboot
...this worked whether iLO3 fware was 1.28 or 1.50, and NO other combination of drivers/fware worked....we tried many many combinations.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Update on this case: I believe we have found the root cause of this very intermittent issue and we are testing few solutions. Since the issue is very hard to reproduce for us, I'm thinking maybe some of you would like to test a Beta versions and report back the results.

For those of you running into the random Event ID 1111, SNMP Trap 9006, please go to the below FTP site and download iLO3 version 1.56 BETA. Please test this version and report back the results.

For those of you running into the random Event ID 78/79, I have a BETA version of the ProLiant Monitor Service version 3.9.0.0 on the same FTP site. Please test this version and report back the results.

ftp://ilo4me:G!v3t2me@ftp.usa.hp.com

Tried the beta here on a BL460c G7 but still getting random 1111 events.