1753808 Members
7536 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Insight Lights-Out stops letting me on

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remote Insight Lights-Out stops letting me on

I have just installed the Remote Insight Lights-Out edition board into my ML570 and all went well. I have got onto and configured the IP address (instead of DHCP) and since then it occasionally lets me on, but normally doesn't. When it does't, I get a logon prompt (one of the domain ones) asking for a username and password for realm 'device'. I have caught this happening as it loaded half the logon page and then gave up, asking for a prompt. I have tried resetting the IP settings back when I did get on, but this hasn't made any difference.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote Insight Lights-Out stops letting me on

I have also installed a Remote INsight Lights Out on an ML570 (running NT 4.0) and can access the Rib Board using EXplorer 6.0 or 4.0 and Netscape, but cannot access using 5.0. Not sure this is a known prob. I have had this before and got the Rib Board replaced and the new one worked with Explorer 5.0. Very weird. Not sure if anyone knows how to resolve this. Have upgraded to latest firmware etc...no joy??
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have installed the latest firmware - v. 2.41. I authenticate with the card but when trying to view either full frame of frame, I get only a gray screen and sometimes a blinking cursor. I have tried several browsers as well. Any ideas?
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Are you going thru a proxy server? If so, in explore, click on Tools-> internet options-> Connections-> Lan Settings->
Under Proxy server session, check "Bypass proxy server for local addresses". Click on Advanced, and type in the ip of the rib ip into the exceptions box.