1753868 Members
7239 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight PCI

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remote Insight PCI

Hello: I'm tying to install a Remote Insight PCI ( not Lights Out edition ) in a ML370, but when I turn on the server, it's hangs. The server especifications include this board between the supported, but the matrix of the RI does not include the server. I need some help. Thank you very much.-
8 REPLIES 8
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with a ML370, with the board in, my server hangs when it checks the floppy drive after initializing the array, the floppy light stays on and it will not continue to boot, I have 2 other ML370s with RIB in them that are working fine.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I was just looking over the configuration and it is a DL380 that is behaving poorly.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Guys, I'm sure you looked into this, but on the ML370 (and most likely the DL380), these boards can ONLY go in specific PCI slots or they will not work, normally. Make sure you have flashed the BIOS of the system with the latest version, also (which you probably have already done as well).
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

you have to put the remote board in the first pci slot.
because of the VGA-chip on the board, vga have to be on the first
pci bus.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We had the board in the first slot, replaced the board with a new one, same problems, replaced it with a Lights Out board, problem solved.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We ran into about the same problems with some RIBLOEs we received...for some reason the 4 dip switches on the board were not set to the default (all off) and it caused the system (ML370 & ML570) not see the boards during power up & System Configuration. Once the switches were set to the default, everything worked okay...Ron
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The RIB should be installed in Slot 1 in the servers........
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

All the boards are in slot 1.