1753330 Members
5051 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight locking up.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remote Insight locking up.

The RIB will lock up on a DL380 running W2k when the CTRL+ALT+DEL button is pressed. An event is put into the event viewer saying that the RIB board has detected that the mouse cable is disconnected (it isn't).We are then unable to access the server anymore until the server is rebooted. Can Compaq or anyone else shed some light on the subject as this has been bugging us for a while now.
14 REPLIES 14
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Please make sure that you are using the latest firmware on the RIB. SP17825 (128bit) or SP17826 (40bit). Also make sure you are using the latest driver for the RIB (CP000784). This should help.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are using the latest drivers and firmware but still there is no change or resolution to the fault. I have noticed that several other users are having the same problem. Is there any other possible causes for this.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Please make sure you are using the Y-cable. Also when you mentioned the Ctrl-alt-del is this to login to Windows 2000 or is this to login in to a remote machine through frame view. ??
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Definitely using the y cable and the CTRL+ALT+DEL is to logon to windows of the remote server. Cheers for your help OZ
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm also having problems with the RIB boards on most of our DL380's running Windows 2000. We have applied all the new patches and drivers to all system components yet we still seem to get locked out. I've even replaced the CPQRIB.SYS driver and still no change. I've supplied copies of the inspect report and these have gone to Compaq. Yes we are using the "Y" cables.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

If this is a second generation DL380 G2 you do not use the Y-cable. If you are using the 16pin to 30 pin conversion cable to connect the RIB to the systemboard, plug the mouse and keyboard directly into the server and not the RIB.
Otherwise please give me your phone number and we will look at replacing the RIB board.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are experiencing a similar problem, but what we have found is that the RIB card functions fine when a keyboard & mouse are connected directly. The RIB will always fail when connected through a KVM switchbox. Currently we use the Belkin Pro - 16. The RIB card loses the mouse when connect through this KVM switchbox.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

This could be associated with the firmware on the KVM switch. Try SP17875. This is for the 4 port, 8 port and the dual 8 port.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Similar issue with lack of mouse functionality. Using Cybex 4040 units and the mouse ports will not work with either the 360s ( according to another forum this won't work at all!. Why put the RIB in then at all?) or the new G2's with the RIB. To date the only work around that we had was to remove the virtual Power button ribbon cable that ships with the G2 from the RIB altogether. Once we did this the mouse functionality was restored. Possible timing issue which may be resolved in the near future. I don't know what the knock-on effects of removing this cable are but at least we are up and running.